What is the GMDSS Long Range Certificate (LRC)?
The LRC and builds upon the basic skills and knowledge learnt on the RYA Short Range Certificate and will introduce Medium Frequency and High Frequency (MF&HF) marine radios, often referred to as Single Sideband (SSB). This will allow the Operator to use marine radio offshore, when beyond the limits of VHF radio. The certificate is internationally recognised.
What are the prerequisites for the GMDSS LRC?
- Candidates must be fluent in the English language
- Minimum age 18
- Have learned the Phonetic Alphabet before the course
What is included in the GMDSS LRC?
- Use of our GMDSS Simulators
- 4 days of training (including exam time)
- Tea, Coffee & Free parking