What is STCW Basic Safety Training (BST)?
STCW Basic Safety Training, (aka Basic safety Week) is intended for new seafarers, before they board their first ship. The week is made up of 5 short courses:
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Proficency in Security Awareness
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- STCW Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting
Personal Survival techniques is a one-day Sea Survival course. It is one of five basic safety courses required by all professional seafarers operating on vessels over 200 tonnes and some vessels under this size. It can be booked as a stand alone day or part of STCW Basic Safety Week.
STCW Basic Safety Training Prerequisites
- Minimum age 16
- Water confident (i.e. a non swimmer can join us if he/she is confident in a swimming pool)
- Reasonable physical health and fitness.
Included with your STCW Basic Safety Training Course
- 5 day of training including time in the survival pool and fire ground.
- Loan of all necassary safety equipment
- Course manuals
- Tea & coffee
- Free parking (on street)
Not Included on the STCW Basic Safety Training Course